The Sales Dance.


Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ~ It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

The young salesman watched in awe as the seasoned professional closed deal after deal, seemingly without effort, and wondered how it could be so very easy and so he asked him ... "How do you do it?"
The old timer turned to the young man and simply said ~ "I Dance."

"People have impulses, notions and desires and I look at those as if they are asking me to dance" he said. I take a moment to qualify them ~ To see if I want them to be my dance partner ~ and then I dance.

"What do you mean?" the young rookie replied. " Well... All of us get impulses and then our minds start to kick in with doubts and questions. We start to look around for other dance partners and we even question whether we should be dancing in the first place.

The secret to closing sales is to keep people in touch with their initial impulse. To make them feel good and happy about it, and then to give them the confidence they need to overcome doubts. You've just got to be a good dance partner. Closing sales is just like dancing he said. It's a two step between impulse and doubt. The old salesman turned away with a smile and said ~ If you really wanna close more sales...

Learn How To Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment